8” Color LCD Automatic Identification System (AIS)/GPS Plotter/compatible with C-MAP MAX
Instructions on how to Input AIS Data on your Vessel: How to Program AIS Data
- Built-in Automatic Identification System (AIS) Receiver (8299B) or Automatic Identification System (AIS) Class B Transponder (8299A)
- High resolution TFT day-view LCD display
- SD-cards slot for C-Map MAX and user data
- C-Map MAX and K-Chart Selectable
- Tide table and Celestial display
- Versatile display mode include
- Plotter Screen
- Satellite Information
- AIS Display
- Compass Screen
- GOTO track navigation
- Map orientation select
- Proximity waypoints alarms
- Perspective View
- Daylight – exposed to sunlight
- Night – in dark environment
- NOAA- paper chart color
- Wind speed and direction display by optional sensor input
- AIS guard zone with CPA and TCPA alarm
Note:From time to time, ONWA introduces new features and finds ways on how to improve the functions of your GPS Plotters. This firmware update will improve the performance of your GPS Plotter. Please read the following instructions carefully before doing the firmware update.
Note 2:The latest firmware Update will erase all your saved data such as waypoints, tracks, routes, etc. REMEMBER to back up all your files by inserting a blank SD card in the Plotter and then select Main Menu->Data->Data out.
Latest Firmware Version: 17.08.19
Before we get started, please read the firmware updating procedure by clicking the link below:
Firmware Update Procedure
To start your download, please click the link below:
KP-8299A/KP-8299B 08/19/2017 update
Tips about your Plotter:
A) It is advised to switch off the unit when changing the C-MAP card.
B) It is advised to save all user data (waypoint, route etc.) before upgrade by copying them into a SD card.
Go to MAIN MENU-> Data -> Data out. After upgrade you can copy them back to the unit.
Go to MAIN MENU-> Data -> Data in.
C) For the 99A series (KP6299A, KP8299A & KP1299A):
- Please switch “ON” the AIS screen after upgrade, MAIN MENU->Setup->AIS screen->”ON”.
- Please turn “ON” AIS TX after upgrade, MENU-AIS->AIS TX-> “ON”.
- Please check the own ship MMSI on the first row of AIS detial list, MENU-AIS->AIS detail list. If the MMSI is all “0” please re-enter the MMSI from AIS SET UP screen.
- To enter the AIS SET UP screen:
i. Switch off the unit.
ii. Switch on the unit again.
iii. Press and hold [MENU] + [ESC] at the same time when you see the WARNING page.
iv. Then enter the AIS SET UP screen, choose “READ” to read the AIS data.
v. If the “Read fail! Try again” message appears, please change AIS model to “2” and choose “READ” again to read AIS data.
- You can also study this link from youtube for detail : http://youtu.be/ievl784z6HM.
*Please read the instruction carefully before update.
**The update action is not reversible.
***For KPXX99A/B please turn on AIS screen in SETUP menu.